Business Development Manager
This key role represents an exciting opportunity for a high achieving, successful ecommerce / retail professional
with Business Development skills at their core along with an ability to embrace the challenge of fast growing
business and accelerating Zeek as a premier player in the UK.
The successful candidate will be able to “hit the ground running”. He/she will be an impressive individual with a
proven record of new business sales.
Candidates will combine excellent retail knowledge and proven consultative style hunter. He/she will possess
excellent communication skills, both written and oral and will be a superb negotiator with the ability to persuade,
influence with the aim of consistently hitting monthly sales targets.
The successful candidate will enjoy a high level of flexibility and autonomy, where the emphasis will be on results
He/she will be tasked with and take responsibility for developing and executing a highly effective new business
development plans, ultimately hitting targets.
This role will report to Zeek’s VP of Business Development David Wall.
• Execution of a comprehensive new business strategy with retail/Gift Card partners and B2B distribution clients
• Cultivate valuable business relationships at senior level with key decision makers and stake holders within the
• Meet ambitious targets.
• Cooperate closely with the Business Development, Marketing and Operations teams
• Provide precise forecasting and reporting
Experience, Personal Attributes and Abilities:
• Experience within the UK retail market with an emphasis on Gift cards/vouchers/affiliates/B2B and prepaid would
• A strong hunter with a consultative selling style
• Knowledge and experience in “payment,” “pre-paid” would be an advantage – Gift card/voucher or Affiliate
marketing – a substantial advantage
• A proven track record of developing strong partner/customer relationships with the ability to work across
functions and disciplines.
• A self-starter, determined and ambitious professional, driven by the need to succeed.
• Highly motivated with a can-do attitude and focus on results.
• Superb communication and presentation skills both written and oral.
• A creative thinker with strong analytical and strategic abilities.
• An excellent negotiator with the ability to persuade and influence.
• Superb people skills.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Easy going and adaptable with the ability to thrive in a flexible and autonomous environment.
• Culturally aware with ability to adapt and embrace new business practices and modes of behavior
Education & Experience
3+ years of new business sales experience
Degree level education or relevant course work in sales and marketing preferred
Competitive salary (dependent on experience)