Back End Team Leader
Our mission is to save £1 Billion worth of unused gift cards and vouchers for
Zeek is a gift voucher marketplace that provides sellers and buyers a secure
on-demand trading environment. Since launching in the UK we have gained
hundreds of thousands of users and have saved them millions of pounds.
We’re expanding and looking for new talents to join us on our mission!
We are a team of creative thinkers, passionate programmers, idea sharers,
happy marketers and talented creatives who believe that with the right
attitude anything is possible.
Think we can be a good fit for each other?
The Zeek Tel Aviv office is located in the heart of the city, near Sarona and
the TLV Fashion Mall. The office has an amazing rooftop where you can sit
and relax. Our space is open and well-appointed, with a fully-stocked
kitchen, snacks and a complimentary lunch budget.
What you’ll do:
- Set the tone and standard of our R&D culture.
- Mentor engineers, helping them better themselves – both in terms of
technical and human skills – through pair-programming, coaching and
- Help develop technology roadmaps and schedules.
- Work with various array of technologies such as Node.js, CouchBase,
ElasticSearch and many more.
- Produce a team and ensure high quality delivery that meets our engineering
- Be hands on and passionate about code.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience with any server side language.
- 2+ years of experience with Node.js and ES6.
- Spent at least 2 years leading a team of at least 3 developers
- Experience in highly integrated systems, having taken ownership and
responsibility of the overall development cycle (from requirements to
design and production).
- Good understanding of cloud computing (AWS an advantage), operating
systems (especially Linux) & networking.
- Developed, designed and maintained highly available and large scale
- Passion, intelligence and strong opinions, but are also humble and
respectful of other people’s opinions.
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to create a vision for your team
and lead people throughout its execution
- A willingness and ability to mentor other engineers.
- Written production grade code and are allergic to ugly and
- A familiarity with software engineering best practices (testing, code
reviews, pair-programming, immutability, etc) and are aware of bad
practices and anti-patterns.
Send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org